The Hall and Dawson County Sheriff's Office are tasked with the protection and security of all employees, judges, and citizens which work in or enter the Courthouse, Government Center, or their associated buildings. Serving and protecting is our number one priority.
The Hall County Sheriff’s Office Court Services Division is under the direction of Captain Cindy Mustachio. Captain Mustachio oversees a highly trained and capable staff which not only handles the security of the Courthouse and Courthouse Annex Building, but they are also responsible for the execution and returns of all processes and orders of the courts and the serving of all civil processes received from the Hall County Court System, as well as other jurisdictions throughout the state. In addition to process service, the Court Services Division executes evictions, writs of possession, temporary protective orders and the collection of other judgments issued by the courts.
The Dawson County Sheriff’s Department Court Services Unit is under the direction of Captain Chad White. Captain White oversees a respected and reliable staff which is responsible for not only securing the entry point of the Government Center, but as well as providing security in all courtrooms and during all board meetings. The Court Services Unit also operates a control room which monitors 24 hour activity in and around the Government Center.
SECURITY CHECKPOINT PROCEDURES
What You Need to Know About Courthouse Security
The safety of the public, courthouse employees, judges, jurors, and staff is our number one priority; and that safety begins with YOU!
Here are a few basic rules you should remember when entering the Hall County or Dawson County Courthouses or Annex Buildings:
- Everyone who enters the Courthouse or Courthouse Annex must pass through a security checkpoint and will be subject to screening.
- Please prepare accordingly so as not to slow down the screening process.
- You can make your screening process faster and easier by leaving all unnecessary items at home or in your vehicle.
- Remove all items from your pockets (including your cell phone) and place them in the provided trays for screening.
- Remove your watch or other metal items from your person and place them in the provided trays for screening.
- Remove your belt prior to passing through the metal detector and place it in the provided tray for screening. (Hall County Locations Only)
- All bags, purses, strollers, packages, etc must pass through the x-ray machine. (Laptops must be removed from their bags and sent through screening.)
- If, upon passing through the metal detector, an alarm sounds, please listen closely and follow the instructions of Sheriff’s Office Personnel.
- We have a Zero Tolerance Weapons Policy (See Official Code of Georgia, O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126-127.) Please refer to the list of prohibited items below:
Knives (of any size)
Guns (of any type)
Metal Nail Files
Can or Bottle Openers
Self-Protective Items (pepper spray, mace, etc)
Stun Guns or other Electrical Weapons
Recording Devices of Any Kind (Unless Preauthorized)
Large blankets or sheets (infant receiving blankets are allowed)
*Any and all confiscated items will not be returned. This includes items left unattended.*
For Further Information Please Visit Us At: